Sunday, October 3, 2010

happier

For week three of the Happy Book, we are asked to write about the people we are grateful for. At first, I found this hard, then I couldn't stop thinking of people that I feel gratitude towards.
It started with thanking my 3 closest girlfriends for helping me with my wedding 6 years ago. Each one brought their personal touch and strength into the day and this week I have been thinking about how lucky I was to have them in my life. I also feel very thankful to have the most supportive and loving husband in the world. Every moment of every day I think the universe for him. It is amazing when you find someone that loves you completely and through everything. I also found myself feeling gratitude towards someone I never met. I was named after my mom's sister who died after a very short battle with cancer at the age of 2. When I see pictures of her I image being close to her now if she had been given the chance to grow and be my auntie. I image that she would be my favorite aunt.
I try to take a moment everyday to feel gratitude for something; anything. Amazing who the universe can give us in so many forms to be grateful for.

No comments: