Sunday, October 3, 2010

a playlist in time

For week four of the Happy Book, we were tasked with creating a dance playlist. Again, harder to do than you think. What music makes you dance? For some of us it is many different types of music. What moves me may not move you.
This exercise does a few things. It shows you a little glimpse into me. It also may stir some faves in you. It reminds me of the connection that we have with music. Finally, it reminds me to accept the difference in others. As I peek into the playlists of others, I giggle, relate and also scratch my head! No judgement, but I would love to hear stories about why we pick the songs we do. Our differences make us stand out but also create our synergies. I love it!
I have listed the songs that move me  shoulders (!) at this very moment in time. For me, each has a serious emotional connection or memory. Not just about the great music but much deeper.
Here is my sample playlist...
(I could not get the player link to work!)

Oh My God - Ida Maria
Wannabe in LA - Eagles of Death Metal
Chick Habit - April March
Monster Hospital (Mstrkrft Remix) - Metric
Song Away - Hockey
Satisfaction - The Stones
Move On Up - Curtis Mayfield
Lost Highway - Bon Jovi
Daft Punk is Playing At My House - LCD Soundsystem
Johnny Come Home - Fine Young Cannibals
Shake the Disease - Depeche Mode












No comments: