Monday, October 11, 2010

happy to the power of five

The Happy Book asks us to write a bio about what we will be doing in five years from now.
Honestly, if nothing changed from how my live is at this moment, I would still be so very happy. I tried to write a bio and really, everything was the same. Sure, I may like to move out of the city but other than that, fundamentally, I want to have all I have now.
The truth is that I try to enjoy every moment that I have day to day, minute to minute. I can be really hard at times but I try. I once attended a yoga philosophy lecture (I can't even remember who said this) and the speaker said something that I thought was so amazing. He (she) said that the past does not exist; the future does not exist; the only thing that we have, the only thing that exists is the present. Moment to moment. It all seemed a little clearer to me at that present moment.
So I was awakened to the fact that this simple statement could help me in so many situations. Take these common challenges...
  1. Don't dwell on the past - you can't change it as it is gone. Only memories remain
  2. This too shall pass - all horrible moments will pass so don't hold onto them; all great moments will also pass so hold on to those ones
  3. Don't get wrapped up in the "what ifs" - "what ifs" are in the future and are not with you yet
  4. Focus on the present, enjoy the now, stop to smell the roses - that existing present will be the past soon enough so get as much out of the present as you can
  5. Don't sweat the small stuff - if you focus on the present, image how much lighter you will feel
So, if I could write my bio for five years from now I hope to be as happy and as content as I am today. Life is so great what ever my path is.

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler said...

How absolutely delightful! I'm so, well, so happy for you!!

hugs,
Jamie

alex said...

your blog is good. i thinks in your blog use natural background.good night